Creative Ways to Destash

It was a dark and cold Friday night. We were sitting on the couch, Philipp and I. He was reading Terry Pratchett’s Mort, while I was watching Suishomaru’s Let’s Play to Pandora’s Tower. Next to me were the second testknit sock and some cotton yarn to make my granddad another Tribble I could hand in for Quidditch in the HPKCHC challenge. I had been browsing the ravelry forums for the last couple of minutes and was just about to log out when I saw that I had received a message.

Lacey Lamb

The message came from Continue reading

Something small …

… because I do not want to write much today.

I do not know how many of you are French or have relatives or friends in France – but I do hope that you are safe and I hope your family is safe and you friends, too, and that the horrors didn’t enter your lives last night. And if yes, although this may seem shallow, please let me send you my sincerest condolences and a virtual hug. And if you are from Beirut, or have lost friends and family there, please let me offer you my sincerest condolences and a virtual hug as well.

I don’t know many French people – from the bloggers, I think, it’s only Ashveen – but I immediately thought about him and my French teacher and hope that their families and friends are alright.

To all the Parisiens who opened their doors to strangers last night and offered protection to those still out in the streets: Thank you so much. That was brave and courageous and showed love and compassion.

Please do not let this put hatred between us all. Please let us show love and compassion to each other instead of hatred and fear.

Love one another, friends. Take care of yourself and those around you. Be there.


Sending you lots and lots of love,


All neat and tidy.

The cold is still not gone.

Bly Socken 01

That means, the cold per se yes, but I am still tired easily, and so I decided not to go to knitting group, but rather to stay at home, because this weekend is the only possibility for me to chill for two days.

Because I have a hard time not doing something, I decided to tidy up my knitting, so I can give you a little status update. On we go! :D Continue reading

Small Gifts

Hi there!Jule the Cat

Man, that took a long time. Don’t you hate it when there is nothing much wrong with you, but you simply feel worn out and sleepy? Last week was like that again – on Friday, I felt too tired and groggy to go to the library (!), so I went to the doc again to make sure I didn’t catch bronchitis. Good news: No bronchitis. Bad news: The cold simply hadn’t worn off yet. Argh … I didn’t have to call in sick again, though, and so I spent yet another weekend on the couch, with lots of knitting, a new game for my DS (“Golden Sun – The Dark Descent”) and (since I didn’t have any new library books) Elizabeth Gilbert’s “The Signature of All Things”.

Rest was only interrupted on Saturday, when we went to E.’s birthday party.

Apart from the book she had asked for (a crime novel – E. will read just about anything if it contains corpses, a detective and gruesome murder), I had a surprise present in store.

The Blueberry Shawl.

I do not quite know how much I have told you about Continue reading

Current WIPs: Variatio delectat!

Hi there!

15-stitch blanket 14

Somehow, I am seeming to fall into a bit of a hiatus, huh? Well, blame it on the cold I caught this week – it had been developing since the week before, I felt chilly every now and then, slept more than I usually do … So I went to the doctor’s on Thursday and he told me to stay home, drink lots of tea and keep warm. Next week will be in full swing with my French course starting again (yay!) and lots of work and a Birthday/Halloween-Party to go to … Lots of stuff to do!

Because I didn’t feel Continue reading

Books for Vacation! Quite some variety

Whenever I go on vacation, I have a big fat problem.

I always have trouble making room for the books.

When I was a kid, my mother would take my sister and me to the library before we went on holiday. She had a blue-and-white checkered plastic bag and we were allowed to fill it up to the brim with the books we wanted to take with us (later, that amound expanded to our backpacks). After we came home, my mum put all the books away and we were not allowed to touch them until we got into the car and were ready to go! The blue-and-white bag would be placed between my sister and me, and we could start getting through the books, thus not being so much of a pain in my parents’ behinds during the journey (we still managed, though). Although it has never happened in one single holiday, I am always frightened by the idea of running our of reading material. Especially when there is no Internet and lots of free time. So this is what I took with me. All of these books were – you guessed it – from the library (except for the ones on the right; these are mine).

What I took

All the books I took with me. For six days of vacation.

Due to the lack of Internet access and lots of free time, I managed to read quite a lot of them:

Read during holiday

Because this blog posting will be long enough as it is, I will only give shorter opinions on these books and no plot summaries (we’ve got amazon for that, let’s be honest). If you’re interested and want more details (or a translation; for ease, I’ll write about the books in English), hit the “Comment” box below. :) Let’s go! Continue reading

By the Sea

Hello everybody, and welcome back! :D

As I said, I wasn’t able to post last week – and that was because we went to the North Sea!

08.10. Langeoog 10 Strandblick

We really needed that, I think (especially Philipp. He’s been working LOADS.) and we had a great time. I was a bit worried about whether Continue reading