I hope you are well!! Once again, I wanted to blog earlier this week, but at the moment …
- I’m super stressed because of #thecurrentsituation. Our politicians made the horrible decision to lift some of the restrictions in spite of the rising numbers, because “you have to take into account that we are vaccinating now”. The medical experts and scientists have already said that at this rate, we WILL have to close everything down come Easter, but we will have a lot more people who have died by then. I do not get this decision. At all. Germany has a large number of elections coming up this year though (with the big election in September), so this might be … don’t ask.
- I am halfway through the second sock!
I totally love the socks, and I am actually past the heel now and started the gusset decreases – but since there are two video conferences in the upcoming week, I thought I’d save the sock for those.
- I am watching a lot of art tutorials to cope, especially Kritzelpixel’s wonderful channel (in German, youtube link). She is funny, knows her stuff, her videos are SO informative, and I have learned a lot. I discovered that I do have a box of coloured pencils (good ones even!), and so I have been spending some time trying them out for real. (I also learned that I was never taught how to TRULY colour with them for some weird reason. We don’t learn this in school!)
- I am trying to finally finish the chapter. Editing takes longer than I thought, also because I have trouble concentrating (which is why I haven’t read a lot either). I also may or may not have bought felt-tip pens. Ahem.
- I cast on a new sweater for myself! After swatching again for the Haiku cardi, I discovered that my gauge was a little off (too big), but that I didn’t get row gauge in the slightest, which is really important for this garment (you need 23 rows to 10cm and I have 28. That is very off).
- Because I didn’t get gauge with the Haiku cardi and didn’t have the headspace to recalculate, but really liked the fabric I was getting, I browsed for alternatives, and found Angela Hahn’s Gibson (this is a link to the knitty site!). Gibson is a raglan cardigan with lace sleeves and very pretty and I don’t have enough yarn, so I will have to order three or four more skeins, and my stitch gauge is WAY OFF as well (I have 17.5sts to 10cm instead of the required 19sts), but I found out that I can make the medium size (38.75″) and end up with a regular or slightly oversized fit, which will hopefully look good.
I started the sweater on Friday and it is so addictive. Really. I am absolutely in the “just one more row” zone, the fabric is still playing nice so far *knocks on wood*, and I am a big fan of the colour.
This is a closeup of the lace section, it looks REALLY good, and I only have six more rounds to knit before I can put the sleeve stitches on waste yarn. The cardigan is also the reason why I didn’t blog yesterday, as I intended to (I told ya. The “Just One More Row”-Zone is real).
I will try to be in touch again earlier next week, and I really hope that the stress levels decline! (Apart from that, I’m fine, really.) Have a wonderful Monday, sweet people, and sleep well tonight!
Lots of love,