I’m so, so proud … I think it looks quite nice! 🙂
I am very happy to say that YES, I finished in time and NO, it wasn’t stressful at all. The rest of the body did get done very quickly, and since there was only a tiny bit of ribbing, I finished with enough time to sew in all the ends and close the seams under the arms.
Looking back, the hip increases proved to be unneccessary; they make the sweater flare a bit, and I may frog the bottom to the part where I started th increases and reknit it just the way it is. This will mean picking out a lot of seams, since I used a couple of scraps for the bind-off, but it will be worth it, I think …
Because it really would be nice to be able to lift my arms in public. 😉 I have about 85 metres left of the yarn (i.e. the swatch), and I don’t think I can make this very much longer, but just a bit would be nice, maybe one or two centimetres!
All in all, I am very, very happy how this sweater turned out! I never thought I could knit a whole sweater – let alone in a three-month’s time span! This sweater has boosted my self-esteem, and I am already looking forward to knitting the next one. 🙂 (Maybe I should finish that cardigan first, though …)
The yarn was Wolle Roedel’s “Misto”, a cotton/acrylic mix that sadly isn’t produced anymore. I knit the sweater on 3,5mm needles and changed only very little in the pattern, which is Sandhurst Jumper by Artesano. I put all the changes into my project notes, and if you’re curious, feel free to have a look! 🙂
Now I only have to wash this … And see how it comes out … 😉
Have a wonderful, relaxing weekend, my friends! Talk to you soon!
All the love,
P.S.: For those of you who are wondering what I’m knitting know: Here’s a hint: