Hi all! 😀
Thank you so much for your comments on the last posting, I’m glad you didn’t mind me bragging off and that Om Nom was popular as well!
I just wanted to show you a new little something I have made for the food bank – more is waiting to be photographed!
Aren’t these cute? I did them from leftovers from some odd sock yarn I got from my gran. I made socks for myself as well, but I really want to try to photograph them while wearing, because otherwise they will look simply odd and I don’t want that.
The pattern for the little socks is Sock-A-Roo’s Baby Socks (ravelry link) and it is simply adorable. I just made some minor changes to the pattern – for instance, I didn’t knit a slip stitch heel, since I figured that the baby won’t wear them long enough to wear them out anyway. 😉 They are totally cute! I just have to figure out how to get little cards on all the knitwear stuff, so I can put a bit of washing information on them … I thought about threading a bit of string trough the tips of each sock pair so they will stay together … What do you think? I haven’t done this yet, so it’d be great if you had advice. 😀
Also, I have bought some new wool, although I have a lot …
This will be my grandfather’s birthday present. Well, not the wool. 😉 I made him a pair of socks last year (accidentally, to be honest – they started of being for me and ended up WAY too big). He put them on, they fit him and since he loves handknit socks and wears them a lot, I thought this was the perfect gift. He loves socks, he is totally knitworthy, and since he doesn’t want anything for his birthday! this is a great opportunity to give him something that I know he will love and that is useful. 😀
I started a bit earlier (not so early though!), because I do NOT want to get into any extra stress right now! I have almost finished the leg of the first sock, but I want to take a better picture with decent light. This is Rico Superba Print, btw – it doesn’t look like much, but it got some nice reviews on ravelry (which I found out after buying it), so I think I may have made a bargain. 😉
In terms of my M.A. thesis: I have worked on it from Monday to Saturday last week, 1-2 hours per day … But I got 1/3 of it as a first draft! I was so happy and so surprised … I managed to finish the Introduction, the chapter about the historical background (really fascinating!), the two(!) prefaces (one of them was written my Martin Luther, so that’s important!) and Menius’ introduction. This week, it is a chapter about how the Anabaptist missionaries worked and I hope to get started on the first of the seven articles … I hope. The first two days of the week have not been very successful.
OH, and one more thing! My boss called today … I feel a bit weird sharing this … But I was asked to come in tomorrow (I don’t work until Saturday) for half an hour … It would be about something good. I’m a bit nervous, to be honest. We’ll see!
Sorry this is so short folks! But more is yet to come. 😀